Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Certain Talent in Seeing the Future

You know how a couple of posts ago I revealed my theory about my lovely shoes boosting my finals grades by around 5%?
THEY DID!!!
I took my Eastern Religions final with them on my feet, and I got an A+ on the final!! Unfortunately in the class, we didn't get to talk about magic, but from what personal knowledge I have accumulated, they're definitely magic!! :)  I must, however, also thank my parents for quizzing me extensively on the major tenets of Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Zen, ect..... Especially mom!! The night before, I spent a quality hour and half delivering her a most wonderful monologue about these faiths. And had the strangest dream because of it. It went something like this:
We were living in our old house, using watering hoses to water a vegetable garden in the front yard. For some reason, there was going to be an epic battle, and the fate of the battle rested on our hands--and how well we could nourish the vegetable garden. The more watered it was, the greater power stemmed from our home. We waited for powerful beings to begin to pass through, but for some reason, all we could get were flying lions and giraffes dropping pink little bags of animal waste into our garden--they wouldn't stay. Then a mystical spirit approached me and explained how these beings were all on their way to heaven, but she kept saying Hertz the rental car brand instead, but she and I had a mutual understanding regardless....
I'm sure this dream got my brain all thinking about religion and mysticism and the nature of ultimate reality, while I slept, and helped me do so well on the final! Funny how that works.
Anyways, thank you mom and thank you dad and all my friends for studying with me for finals so hard!!  Woohoo we're done! And, on another note, I can't wait to wear those lovely neon shoes again....
:) :) :) :)
But yay!! I did it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment