Friday, December 2, 2011

iPick, my Pick!

      Growing up in the iPhone era, I've grown accustomed to assuming that everything that starts with an "i" is a product of Apple.  While this is mostly true, there are some definite exceptions to the rule.... achem, International House of Pancakes, anyone? And though I know that you're dying to assume that iPic theaters are, in fact, another program offered by Apple to make you feel like you're behind in the daily technology, it's my honor to inform you that it's not. In fact, iPic will never make you feel behind again!
      In Arizona this Thanksgiving weekend, some family members and I discovered a hot new type of movie theater--iPic Theaters. iPic prides itself on being a luxury movie theater, and believe me, it has all the qualities of one!
      We entered the theater--after ascending an extremely long escalator-- into a room that's dark with music booming. It's more like a fancy hotel lobby than a ticket counter, with modern lights brightening the dimness and a holiday display set out on the hard wood and marble floors. We "checked in" and then made our way around the ticket counter, passing a formal restaurant, the fanciest popcorn-purchasing set-up I've ever seen, a fully equipped and manned bar, and a small nightclub. Passing by portraits of Hollywood movie stars through the decades, my aunt, cousin, and I finally reached the Breaking Dawn theater, our destination. (I'll skip talking about how I saw an awesome Hunger Games advertisement and how Breaking Dawn is unquestionably the best Twilight movie so far...)
      The seats are soft, large, and comfy--more like small couches than any movie theater seat I've been in! There are also Premium-Plus seats which recline and come complete with full service and a sort of wine vending machine....
       The bathrooms are also worth mentioning. Not only are the stalls huge, but the sinks and floor are so nice that I actually felt uncomfortable going to the movies in jeans and a sweater with a big heart on it! In fact, everyone there was dressed up. As we left the theater, I observed a typical iPick-goer: a girl with well-tended black hair, carefully waved in a half up-do, wearing a creamy-pink silk corset-like shirt, in an extremely short black skirt, with high black pumps and more than a few dollars spent on jewelry. And she looked perfectly in place at this theater!
      The message of the story:
1. Don't look like a dump when you go to the movies
2. Going to the movies is cool--especially when they make it a bar-nightclub-movie mix!
3. You have to go check this out.
4. If you check out this website and find yourself suddenly devoted to iPick even though we don't have one YET in Denver, contact the company! If enough of us request it, perhaps we'll get our Pick (haha pun intended) of theaters to come!

"Check-in"

I believe I forgot to mention the lighting displays. Here they are!


 Check out http://www.ipictheaters.com/ for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment