Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finals!

I have just finished finals! For my English class, True Believers, this was the first time that I've ever written a seminar paper instead of taking a test. We were encouraged to be creative and write in an original way and to have fun with our English paper--can you imagine a better assignment?! So, I decided to write about the wonderful books that we have read this year--Candide, The Big Sleep, and Henry IV: Part One --in the format of blog posts. It made for a very fun project and an interesting combination of resulting pieces of writing. I am so grateful that my teacher didn't freak out when I told him exactly what I intended to do!

 I am telling you this because I would like to post some of the pieces of my final on my blog, to see what you think of them. I've never written a blog post that is analyzing literature before, just as I'd never written an English essay that was addressed to people outside the world of academia!

When you read the next posts (you'll know they're part of my final because they will be referencing books and quoting), please do comment in the comment space below. I would love to hear what you all think of them! I bet my teacher would be curious as well. :)  So, after you finish with these posts, please let me know--either by comment, phone, email, etc.--what you think of these "hybrid" blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment