Monday, December 12, 2011

I am in Love...

This is a confession to all my fellow chocolate-lovers: I love chocolate. I love it, love it, love it, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!
Do you ever have that terrible moment around 8:30 at night when you're taken by surprise by a chocolate craving and simply must find something that's chocolate? If so, you should be proud, for it means that you are a true, devout chocolate lover like myself. I have those moments often enough, and I've had an ample amount of them to know how truly tragic it is when you tear through the drawers, cabinets, and the pantry in the kitchen in a futile attempt to find anything remotely related to chocolate (I once had to settle for a chocolate covered coffee bean which, aside from being an experience unto itself (I do not do not do not ever drink coffee because it's gross), made my problem worse: I now like chocolate covered coffee beans as well :(    ). I shall, in a moment, reveal to you the chocolate lover's three deepest secrets to satisfy those chocolate cravings!



 Secret One (only read if you like chocolate):
if you want to try an interesting flavor
Chocolove <3 <3
As they brag on their site, Chocolove has "18 decadent flavors," as well as organic bars and great packaging. Among these flavors--of which I challenge you to try 3 in the next few months--the Almonds in Sea-salt is my favorite. I've also enjoyed the Toffee and Almonds and Cherries and Dark Chocolate. We buy them at Whole Foods, but you can also visit their website and pick your favorite flavors here!
http://www.chocolove.com/10greatbars.htm



Secret Two (only if you love chocolate):
the way to have chocolate without feeling guilty and undisciplined
Ghirardelli 
Two words: Ghirardelli, and Costco.
Costco is amazing, and that is common knowledge. It is not, however, common knowledge that Costco has an excellent taste in chocolate chips. They alternate between the Ghirardelli cacao chocolate chips and the Nestle chocolate chips, which is, admittedly, quite annoying. But here is my challenge to you: prove that you have the skill to go to Costco when they're carrying Ghirardelli chocolate chips, and find them in the store. If you can do both of these things, then you deserve every morsel you get! Chocolate chips are great because they are delicious, small, and have an excellent track record for actually lasting much longer than bars of chocolate because we eat them much slower and--in my case--feel guilty about being "the one" to finish the bag of chocolate chips.
These chocolate chips are my favorite kind, and I cannot begin to list all the recipes I've used them in and all the fruit I've dipped into them once they're melted!

Secret Three (only if you all love chocolate)
Scharfenberger chocolate squares
These squares are perfect for a chocolate-loving family because they come in combos! They can be purchased in cool bags where dark, bittersweet, and milk chocolate (for example) are mixed into the bag. This is perfect for my family; my dad likes milk chocolate, my mom likes dark chocolate, and I prefer their bittersweet (somewhere in between, if you're curious). The end result? Three happy people, a trash can with its faire share of colorful wrappers, and no waste! So if you're into chocolate that's not outrageously sweet and comes in the perfect small quantities, check out Scharfenberger chocolates ASAP!

I do feel slightly apprehensive about sharing these secrets. But just make it count by trying whichever suits your fancy and commenting about what you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment