Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finger Glamour, Please! (I)

Everyone has his or her own sense of style. Perhaps you're into pink, or Nike, or goth or sequins or neon. One think you all have in common? Most likely, you wear rings. While I'm sure that you all are completely astounded by my incomparable knowledge, I urge you to actually think about it; nearly everyone, at one point or another, can find a finger to stick a ring on. It's a fun way to jazz up an outfit or, for those lazy-bums out there (and hey, I never tried to deny it) wearing a ring is an easy way to make a white T-shirt and old jeans look cute. So, naturally, it comes as no surprise that there are oodles and oodles of awesome rings out there, just waiting to get a chance to accessorize on your hand!
I personally am a lover of a diverse assortment of rings, and hopefully after this post you'll have some ideas of what styles are out there, where you can get them, and what you can pair 'em with!

I call this first type of ring the "Fun, Bright, Interesting" ring collection. The sort of ring that falls into this category is the ring that--you guessed it!--is bright, spot-able, and awesome. (Really, what else could it be?) :)  A favorite example of mine is a ring I bought when I went to NYC with my mother in the spring. We went into a store called Pylones in SoHo. It's one of those Japanese-y stores where they have cute, animated, adorable trinkets and teapots and basically really really cute pieces of junk you'll never use because it's too cute to actually risk damaging. You know the type. Anyway, Pylones has awesome rings! The ones we found have a silver-colored band, and then a face nearly the size and shape of a marble. It's basically part of a circle on the top, with a colored design on the bottom and a clear liquid filling the marble to really make the ring POP. I didn't know this until I researched the shop again to provide you, my darling readers, with the web information, but this ring collection is appropriately named POP ART RINGS: handy pop art. I think this is just so cute!

The second type of ring is more the "Artsy, Unique" ring assortment. I have a few of these, and one of my favorites is from Henri Bendel, also in NYC. It's pricier than Pylones, but it has an amazing selection of accessories and jewelry. We bought this cute bunny ring from there, and it's golden-colored and is a relatively tall ring. I've worn it many times, and it goes well with stretch pants or skinny jeans and a layered top of normal shirt. It's one of those things that's decidedly fall-winter-spring, and so it's great to wear when the weather's starting to get cold and, as you are going through withdrawal from the amazing array of skirts, shorts, and sun dresses of summer, you get slightly lazy in the accessory department and threaten to forget about them altogether. Their stack rings are also cool.

And finally, the glamour!! My top pick for this collection is a store we also discovered in SoHo in NYC. Be sure--absolutely sure!!--to stop by there if you're ever in NYC. It's called Tarina Tarantino, and is a wonderful small-room shop full of sparkly, glittery, unbelievably cute things. They have more than rings--the shop abounds with bracelets, necklaces, chains, watches, and even a headdress or two (no, I cannot say if anyone ever buys the headdresses...). For example, be sure to check out their Alice in Wonderland collection or their Hello Kitty collection--amazing!


Now, for the pictures....
Pylones Ring. I told you they're awesome! Can anyone guess which one I have?

Henri Bendel's Bow Ring, perfectly cute and chic.

Tarina Tarantino's Acid Cameo "OJI" Mood Ring

Tarina Tarantino's "Hello Hippie" Mood Ring.



If you are interested in learning more about any of these rings or brands/stores, here are the links provided below. Enjoy! :))

For Pylones: http://www.pylones-usa.com/pylones/product.php?product=453&category=4
For Henri Bendel:  http://www.henribendel.com/
For Tarina Tarantino:   http://www.tarinatarantino.com/index.asp

So, I hope you've enjoyed Finger Glamour, Please! (I) . Please comment with any questions or opinions regarding these rings!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment