Saturday, September 10, 2011

The question: Papaya or Mango?

Normally my answered to this question would be "papaya". Papaya is incomparably better than mango. It's a prettier orange color, tastes much better, and is way more fun to eat (yes, because you never need a plate. Ever). Mango is.... not. Except right now. Because this is not a normal conversation in which we debate the superiority of the superior fruit. We are talking, instead, about fashion. And the answer to this question is Mango, for the following reasons:
1). Mango is a freestanding clothing line, and there is simply no clothing line named Papaya (at least not yet, because I haven't gotten around to creating it yet...)
2). Mango would be my answer anyway if you had filled in the question format's blank (Is Mango better or is _____?) with the majority of other brand names.
3). Mango always has excellent fall collections and, according to me, your infallible weather woman, it is fall now. Or at least time to shop like it's fall.

Mango's from Spain and always has a clean, sleek, and spunky attitude. Their tees are always good; they range from loose-fitting or "relaxed-fit" styles to printed, embellished, or patterned shirts.

General Rules (aka shopping advice and preferences when shopping at Mango):
a). I love anything from that store with a bow on it.
b). Their "slim-fit sleeveless tops" are the cutest cami-type tops found anywhere; they come in fun colors, fit very nicely, have fun details, and look good with or without anything on over them.
c). Many of their dresses can be dressed up or dressed down. In Las Vegas, I purchased a shirt dress in a suede-ish beige color. It's cute, and I've so far worn it both out at night in Las Vegas and to school.
d). Try to only buy two things max at a time there. It's true that if I haven't yet broken this advice, I will, but I truly mean it! There aren't any Mangos where I live (it's not tropical enough--yes I'm SO funny), so the 10% of my closet that comes from there has been bought at the San Francisco airport! (No, I'm not ashamed. It's one of my favorite airports ever!) The result of buying my Mango clothes at an airport is that we can only get a few things at once--and only rarely--so they fit into the carry-on bags and the flight attendants don't throw a fit about safety procedures. Since I've had to pick carefully, I wear everything I've ever bought there, and love doing so!
e). Mango clothing goes with anything, and their clothes fit very well.
f).  I could go on through the entire alphabet advising you how to shop at Mango, but I won't. My last tip: check their sales! They're always good :)

My new dress :)
A "top". Super cute, right?

If you're interested in shoppping there now, check out the website:     shop.mango.com

No comments:

Post a Comment