Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Summertime, so be Safe out There!

This blog post is all about sunscreen. The summertime's hot--today's going to be 100!--and we all love to go outside, play in the sun, swim in the pool, play sports, ect. Just make sure that before you go out in the sun, you're protected! And yes, don't even bother telling me I sound like your mother.
In case you're wondering if I'm qualified to advise you on the extremely important and irrefutably significant part of your life. tee hee tee hee and sadly, I'm not even kidding. I can attribute my perspicacity (oo, big word) on this subject to my fair skin. If you want proof of my fair skin, here it is: I've been at the Zonals tennis tournament in Utah for about a week, and my team played Team Hawaii yesterday morning. As I was cheering my teammates on, I started talking to a Hawaiian man who was a parent of one of our opponents. He was very nice, but rather blunt. The first thing he said to me: "You're impossible to miss on the tennis court because you're so fair! I keep wondering when you're going to burn up under the sun!" He was, actually, nice--and successfully reminded me (though I've never forgotten) how pale I am. He also reminded me why I don't burn up in the sun: I use sunscreen! It's a lifesaver. <3 (that heart goes out to you, sunscreen!)
So, here are some of my favorite sunscreens to use on the face:
Vichy

My parents and I started using this brand years ago. We discovered it in Europe (if you're ever there, go into the pharmacies and make sure to purchase some Vichy sunscreen or Anthelios). This one's even travel-size! It works very well on the face and feels relatively light. It has an SPF factor of 50+, and is good for walking around, working out, and using at the pool. If you're sweating a lot while wearing Vichy be sure to reapply every two hours or so, and same goes for wearing it in the pool.

Vertra

We discovered this sunscreen in Hawaii! It was stocked at the desk of a surfer shop and we were in a totally surfer town. AKA this is surfer sunscreen. Which is great, because that means that it's super water resistant and super sweat resistant! It's great for playing sports, and we bought three of them: two of the tubes that are on the far right of the picture, and one of the black stick sunscreen ones that you can see in the middle. You have to rub it in a bit, but these sunscreens work very well and are great for sports.

Clinique

I love this sunscreen. It's travel size, which is awesome, plus it goes on feeling pretty light and not too thick. It goes on skin color, so you don't look extra white after you put it on, which is always nice. I wear this sunscreen for walking around, playing tennis, and in many other places too. Plus, it has a cool bottle! This is also a good sunscreen to wear if you intend to put make-up on over it. I was in our Sectional tennis tournament earlier this summer, put this sunscreen on, and then my mom and I went to the mall during the two hour rain delay. It just so happened that Neiman's or Nordstrom's was having an event and NARS was doing professional make-up for free! I went in, (I didn't      tell them I was wearing Clinique :P) and they did my make-up beautifully! So, this sunscreen is definitely one that is safe to apply before makeup.

So, go out there and be safe in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment