Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Curly-cue

Something you should know about me: I have curly hair. When people have curly hair, they don't just have curly hair. For example, my hair is not just curly; it is long, dry, and has an irritating tendency to be frizzy. However, curly hair has definite advantages! EX: I don't have to do a thing to my hair when I get up in the morning, I've never used a bottle of hairspray in my life (and please don't make me use one because I'd have no idea what to do with it), and I don't have to worry about my hair going flat. Ha. I have to worry about it going up! So, this post is about a couple of hair products that I use that are great for curly hair! 


I recently discovered a new brand of conditioner that I'd never used before. It's called Bumble and bumble. While it was a bit pricey, the initial purchase was imperative; it was the only bottle of conditioner on the whole shelf at the store that wasn't Volumizing!! A volumizing conditioner is literally my worst nightmare. It costs about $20 at some grocery stores. They've updated their products, so the new conditioners may be different, but the one I got is made with jojoba and tons of other stuff. Jojoba, in case you are curious, has become one of my new favorite words and is a shrub who's seeds are used to make a lubricating oil. It smells really good, so be sure to follow the (rather basic) directions and also to rinse only lightly after combing/brushing your hair out in the shower.

A few months ago, I finally found a hair product I liked that helped to shape my curls and tame frizz. Pantene Curly Hair Series Curl Shaping Gel can also be found at a grocery store, and I use it after toweling and brushing my hair. It's best to apply it to damp hair--and don't (in case for some reason you decide it's a good idea) brush your hair once you've applied the gel--and crimp it into your hair. I find it best to do this with my head down, and make sure to crimp a bit near your roots! Ignore some of the directions on the bottle and use as much product as you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment